Life IVF

 A few weeks back I made an appointment with and IVF clinic in Irvine called Life IVF Center. They specialize in "natural" or "mini" IVF, which means little to no injections during your cycle. This is exactly what I need because the injections would not be beneficial to me. Instead of high-stimulant cycles, they put me on hormones to get my ovaries to produce a follicle or two and retrieve those. Also, it would be SO much easier to have a doctor only an hour away rather than across the country.

My mom came with me again today because Joe had to work.  The facility was nice, big, and easy to get to.  There were so many patients and nurses running around.  I guess that's a good sign, right? They all wore pink or purple scrubs and the doctors wear blue scrubs.  I don't really know why I made that observation but I kind of thought it was cute.  They even have a huge waiting room with TVs and computers for the patients to use while they wait.

They call me back and the first order of business is my ultra sound.  I have had SO many of these done, I don't even get nervous anymore.  Dr. Yelian and the nurse came in and he introduced himself and proceeded with the ultra sound.  I always warn the ultrasound tech/doctor that my ovaries are small and hard to find before they begin.  It's usually always the same routine, they have a puzzled look on their face while trying to locate them for the first 5 minutes before they finally find them. Some are more experienced than others.  This is the first ultra sound I have had where they have a huge flat screen TV in front of me and I can see everything he is doing.  First he locates my uterus (all good there, I have a fabulous uterus hehe 😉), then my left ovary which was fairly easy for him to find. I don't really understand what I am looking at up on the screen but I hear him tell the nurse "1 follicle on left ovary." Ahh!! I usually never have follicles so this was a big deal to me (normally a woman my age should have around 10).  Next was the right ovary, a little harder to find and no follicles located.  Oh well, there was still one!



We spoke to Dr. Yelian after my ultrasound and he told me he thinks my best bet would be to do 3 back to back natural IVF cycles with egg retrieval and try to bank as many embryos as I can.  Time is of the essence and we need to get going! He seemed like a no BS kind of guy so I really don't think he was giving me false hope. I really do believe that we can get me some eggs.
     
Next was my financial consult. All I have to say is... HOLY SHIT, this kid better be realllllyyyy good because mommy and daddy are probably going to have to sell their left kidneys to have you.  Joking, joking.  It's all worth it, but damn is it expensive!! A benefit of staying with my New Jersey doctor was that they are much cheaper.  However, I have to factor in more flights over there for retrievals and what not.  This doctor in Irvine just seems like a better fit for me at this point.  No matter how much the cost.

Lastly was my blood draw to check my hormone levels and the doctor will call me with the results and further instructions on medications, next step, etc.  I feel super confident and a HUGE sense of relief with this new facility.  Time to get this ball rollin' and make some things happen!!

Until next time...
Xoxo,
Linds.





Comments

Popular Posts