A Day in the Life

Hi all!

Holy Crap, half of the year has flown by!! Sorry it has taken to long to update you all.  I've been in this everlasting funk that I haven't been able to pull myself out of, until now.  I have been seeing a therapist which has helped my anxiety and depression tremendously!

Since the last time I checked in, not a ton has changed.  My FSH has lowered to a healthy range (yippee!!) However, that's not the main hormone we are currently focusing on.  Now that my FSH is in normal range, we need my Estradiol (estrogen) to raise at certain times in my cycle which would indicate ovulation.  I now go for weekly blood work to check my levels to see what's goin' on with my lovely hormones.  When my estradiol raises, that indicated to my doctor that my ovaries are growing a follicle ( or follicles ) and that I was about to ovulate.  Back in February, I ovulated for the first time since June, 2016!! We caught it a little too late, so they weren't able to get in there and do an egg retrieval.  But based on a simple little detail I gave my nurse (wink wink), they thought there was a possibility I could be pregnant! It was right around valentines day, hehe 😉  They started me on progesterone suppositories immediately to help hold the pregnancy ( if I were to have been pregnant) because my eggs are of a lower quality, I am at a higher risk of miscarriage.  I had to wait 2 weeks before I could take a test because my HCG hormones wouldn't begin to rise until then.  Let me tell you, it was a loooooong 2 weeks.  Especially with the progesterone, that stuff makes me crazy! Another little fun fact about progesterone: when you take this hormone, it simulates all of the symptoms of early pregnancy! So for 2 weeks I was trying to avoid symptom spotting and chalk up my sore boobs, exhaustion, and nausea to the 2-a-day progesterone suppositories.  I didn't want to get my hopes up!

2 weeks came and went in what felt like 2 years, time for my labs and I just had a gut feeling I wasn't pregnant.  It wasn't my time yet.  A few hours later my nurse called me with the news I was already expecting and I was surprisingly okay.  I was so excited to get off of that progesterone!! And hey, I ovulated, which was a huge step. 

After the very exciting news of a possible (and unexpected) pregnancy, and then finding out I wasn't, I hit a wall that I was not prepared for.  I subconsciously stopped taking my vitamins, stopped working out, and pretty much lost all of my motivation to boost my fertility.  From March to mid-May, I was in the funk of all funks.  I was still going to my weekly labs and monthly ultra sounds, but every single time I would leave, I would call Joe or my mom in tears asking them to remind my why this is all worth it.
I started going to therapy and slowly started to realize I needed to pull myself out of this and get my mind, body, and soul right! I was laying in bed one night thinking how the hell did I ovulate in February and I haven't since? DING! Vitamins, healthy food, and exercise were no longer a part of my daily lifestyle.  That's when I knew I needed to make this change.  I re-loaded my vitamin box, started back up at the gym, eating MUCH better (I'm an emotional eater), and started using essential oil blends to rub on my tummy every day, it can't hurt, right?


 I even got motivated to write on my blog again! I had been having doubts and regrets about being so open about my journey for a while, but remembered how much it helps me to read about the similar struggles other women are going through. 

I hope you all are ready for a fabulous summer, I know I am! I'll try to be better about updating, I am even thinking of starting a vlog to document my journey. Thanks for reading!
XoXo
Linds.


Comments

  1. It's nice to read this, Lindsey. I am glad you're starting to feel better and that your spirits are beginning to raise! I also have fertility issues. PCOS runs in my family, and my husband has also been diagnosed with fertility issues of his own. If/when we de decide to try having kids, I know it's going to be a challenge. Keep your head up and continue doing what you are doing! I'm sending many prayers and positive thoughts your way! I follow this other blog if "The Glow". They say that they send "baby dust" for good luck ;)

    I'll continue praying for your journey. Don't give up! It'll all be worth it! 😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts