New Season

Happy Fall!!!! A new season is upon us, even though it still feels like summer here in Southern California. A new season for me always means it is time for me to re-evaluate certain aspects of my life. The main aspect being my fertility journey. Have I progressed at all? What is my next step? Should I change something? Should I keep doing the same thing? Should I just stop stressing and just let it be? All of those questions run through my head on a daily basis. I have no clue if I’m doing the right thing! I just have to hope, pray, and KNOW that there is an end in sight. A happy ending that is. 
I recently had a phone conversation with my doctor in New Jersey. He suggested I try one cycle of IVF with injections. Up to this point I have only been on oral hormone replacement in the hopes of “naturally” getting my ovaries to start working again. I’ve ovulated a few times but nothing has come of it. He seems to think because my FSH level has stayed in a healthy range, I could try a round of injections and see if those produce a mature follicle. We just have to wait until my estradiol gets over 25 which indicates I am at least making a follicle to help grow. Then we begin the injections for about a week to grow that follicle to a mature size. At that point I would do an egg retrieval! Fingers crossed!! I go in for blood work on Friday to see if my levels are where they need to be so I can start. 
I will keep updating as soon as I know more and will document this new and scarier portion of this journey. Not sure how I feel yet about giving myself shots. Joe will most definitely have to do them for me! 
I will end with this... I read something the other day in one of my support groups and it really resonated with me: 

An elephant and a dog became pregnant at same time. Three months down the line the dog gave birth to six puppies. Six months later the dog was pregnant again, and nine months on it gave birth to another dozen puppies. The pattern continued.
On the eighteenth month the dog approached the elephant questioning, _"Are you sure that you are pregnant? We became pregnant on the same date, I have given birth three times to a dozen puppies and they are now grown to become big dogs, yet you are still pregnant. Whats going on?".
The elephant replied, "There is something I want you to understand. What I am carrying is not a puppy but an elephant. I only give birth to one in two years. When my baby hits the ground, the earth feels it. When my baby crosses the road, human beings stop and watch in admiration, what I carry draws attention. So what I'm carrying is mighty and great."

Don't lose faith when you see others achieving their success
Don't be envious of others results. If you haven't received your success, don't despair. Say to yourself "My time is coming, and when it hits the surface of the earth, people shall yield in admiration.”

XOXO

L.

Comments

Popular Posts