Finally some good news!

I'm back from the east coast!!! I'm definitely a California girl, the cold just goes right through you over there. But it's so beautiful and different! So many things to see and do, it can be overwhelming. There's so much hustle and bustle in New York, it's hard to decide what to do or where to go. I loved New Jersey! The little town my cousin lives in is so adorable and homey. But on to the whole reason I went: Dr. Check! Right when we walked in we noticed how different his office was from HRC in Pasedena. It seemed very laid back, but I felt comfortable. After a bit of waiting we were called back to his office. My anxiety was through the roof and I just wanted the appointment to start, and be over. Lol! Dr. Check came in and he has a bit of quirk to him but you can tell right off the bat he is SO intelligent. He started off by having me give him a run down of my history and levels. From there he told me I'm somewhat of an "easy case" in his office. Yes my levels are not ideal but he has seen, and had success with women much worse off than me! He then gave us a few articles to read on the protocols he uses and the success he has had with them. His approach for women with premature ovarian failure is to reverse the effects of menopause through a hormone called Ethinyl Estradiol. It's a compounded form of estrogen. What this is suppose to do it lower your FSH and raise your estradiol which would produce follicles and hopefully get me to ovulate! He gave me so much info it was hard to all retain. Basically in Laymans terms, this pill is hopefully going to regulate my hormone levels so I can do a low stimulant IVF and retrieve some eggs to freeze. All in all, the appointment went better than expected and I got the news I was hoping for! I start my pills today and will be monitored by blood work and ultra sound. Once he sees the medication start to do it's job I will either go back to NJ to do an egg retrieval or try to find a doctor out here that will do it for me. The problem is, not many doctors will perform and egg retrieval if they think you may only harvest a couple eggs; Dr. Check will. So my next decision is to either find a doctor out here that will do it for me or plan to head back out there for my egg retrieval. Decisions, decisions. I'm just so thankful I found a doctor who is willing to work with me and has faith I will have no problem conceiving with my own eggs. All of your prayers worked!! I'm so relived to head into this new year with a positive outlook on my situation. It's only positive vibes from here on out 😊

Comments

Popular Posts